Sunday, November 15, 2009

Long time, no blog..

Well, it's been awhile. I'm officially a deliquent blogger, as I expected I would end up being. But, a lot has been going on in our house...more important things to take up my time:)
For the past few weeks I have really been enjoying being a house wife! I'm almost completely finished remodeling my kitchen. We have a new floor, new walls, new cabinets, new decor....it's beautiful! I'm still putting on the finishing touches--painting some canvasses and buying some things to go here and there...but for the most part, it's looking like a real kitchen! I've also had time to go through most of our wedding gifts...exchange what we had doubles of and put things where they belong. Slowly but surely, we're building a real grown up house! So that's been reallyyyyy fun!
Well, through the holidays I've decided to help make this transition from having a full time job to not having a job by working part time at The Buckle in the mall. It's a great place to have a great discount :) So, not staying at home full time now but at least we have a little of extra income. But this past weekend I've been at home in Pontotoc with my family for a friend's wedding. Brittany Treadaway is now Mrs. Charlie Malone and it couldn't of been a prettier or sweeter wedding! We had a great time celebrating what a beautiful thing the Lord had brought together! Our bridesmaids dresses were gorgeous, the cake was delicious, the bride was a barbie doll, the spirit was sweet....it was a perfect day. Needless to say, I always love an excuse to come home and enjoy spending time with my family. Amber and Matt also came down with baby Wil Franklin and we just played and played all weekend. He's growing so big and tall and walking like a BIG boy. Not ok with that. He also has his big ONE year old birthday party coming up on November 26-- Thanksgiving day...which is very close to uncle D's birthday on November 23....
Speaking of Duane's birthday.......he's already received his birthday, Christmas, Valentine's day, and anniversary present for the next two years.... haha. Joking!...kinda. This past Friday on my way to Pontotoc, (he wasn't able to come with me because of basketball practice) he called and informed that he was looking at a motorcycle- for fun. Yeah RIGHT. He is now the proud owner of a Honda so-and-so 1800 CC Silver motorcycle. WOW....guess it's true that when the cat's away, the mouse will play. NEVER leaving him alone again! :) I am very excited for him...can't wait to get back home and ride it with him. And needless to say, my dad is just beside himself!
Well, sitting here with my mom listening to her rock out to some 70s music on the TV and hearing about the memories certain songs bring back to her..haha! I'm going to spend one more night here and travel back in the morning. Missing my baby boy....I cried when I left him on Friday, so I can't wait to get back and see him tomorrow--- but I have so enjoyed the time with my family.
I can't wait to post several pictures of the wedding, the kitchen, and my weekend here with the fam...oh AND the new toy:) Those are coming soon......hope everyone is doing well...love you all....and be looking to my next post on wishing you all a merry CHRISTmas! :) I may rant a bit....oh well, my blog! :)
Sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment