Friday, September 9, 2011

Here's to a Fresh Start!!

Hey everyone!

This past weekend- Duane and I had the privilege of spending a long weekend with the family down in Mississippi. Mom and Dad are preparing for a big transition by moving from our home of 12 years in Pontotoc to Tupelo (about 25 minutes away) so that they can both be closer to the incredible jobs that the Lord has blessed them with. It is such a relief for me to watch them ridding away old burdens and relationships that once really bogged them down. It has definitely been a long two year journey of transition, heartache, depression, shock, prayer, and ultimately peace in the new path the Lord is bringing to my parents. I am excited to see them start fresh, but also a little sad to see them leave the house that I have called home for a long time. A lot of memories in that sweet little house on Main Street-- but also, most recently, a lot of hard times associated with bad memories. SO-- the Lord has so graciously placed my dad in an UNBELIEVABLE position at American Family Radio where he is the TOP DOG over the entire radio network with a ministry more on a national level. And my mom, at the last minute of the summer, was offered a position at an elementary school in Tupelo-- when teachers were not getting jobs period. Only God. So it is only a natural move for them to buy a house in Tupelo when they have no ties to Pontotoc any longer. So this weekend was probably one of the last times I will stay in that house-- which really wasn't even as sad as I thought it would be.

So-- we started packing by taking everything off the walls and wrapping all the decorative stuff in newspaper and bubble wrap. It was weird to see bare walls-- but it was fun to find things that you had even forgotten existed like pictures, old handmade t-shirts from high school, and memorable items saved from grandparents and family members that have already gone on to be with Jesus. Plus- my sister and I are obsessed with helping my mom CLEAN OUT-- we are PURGING big time which is painful for her at first but trust us mom, it's for your own good :)

We loved getting to spend time with everyone there (Mom, Dad, Amber, Matt, Wil Franklin, Me and Duane) for the first time in awhile. Wil Franklin is HILARIOUS these days and so freakin smart I can't even describe it. I mean- he's TWO and can already speak clearly in very intelligent full sentences, spell words, say the alphabet, pick out letters, sing complete songs, do sign language....I mean the kid's a genius. So we had a great time "playin." Uncle D (Duane) brought his gas powered remote control car (that goes like 45 mph) and WF LOVED it. He would laugh that deep belly laugh when Duane would zip it past him as fast as it would go. He would yell, "Uncle Deeee! Do a "wheelwie!" (wheelie). It was great. Then, Duane and I bought him a giraffe named Geoffrey that "talked" and WF got a kick out of it too. Especially when Duane would do his famous sound effects of Geoffrey sneezing and getting punched in the face. Super cute! Here is a video of WF and Duane bonding with "Geoffrey!" I LOVE hearing that deep belly laugh! Hysterical!


Then we also got to go visit my Grandaddy Rob in the Veteran's Home in Oxford. He's 92 years old and definitely the love of my life. He's my only living grandparent and he is the most Godly, wise, funny, loving, hardworking man living on this planet. It is very hard to see him sick and living in a home-- but it is always sweet to get to love on him. He was in GREAT spirits when we visited him and he knew who we were-- which was a huge plus. Wil Franklin and "Gandaddee Wob" always get along great and they kept cracking each other up. It was a very sweet visit with our whole family there. Here is a sweet picture we got during the visit:


After we visited with Grandaddy- we headed over to Chili's to meet up with our cousins Emily, Caleb, Micah, Katie, and Jordan. So much fun to get to hang out with that crew! Emily and Caleb have just found out they are expecting- which is SO fun!! Micah and Katie are both wrapping up school. And Jordan has just come back from working at a camp in New Mexico for the Summer! She is looking into several full time camp opportunites all across the country- which is sad to see her so far away- but I'm so THRILLED to see what the Lord is going to do through her ministry wherever He places her!
I have to post this picture that Emily uploaded to FB today....so sweet....Baby East due April 14!



Me and Amber also went to see "The Help" while we were in town- while the boys saw "Apollo 18." The Help was a great movie and such a tear jerker- but it was good to spend some quality time with the sister just like old times. Miss her terribly!

Overall we had a great weekend! Got to see the "new house" in Tupelo, get them started packing, and get set up for a GREAT NEW START! God is good and He ALWAYS provides! Thankful for His mercies, His blessings, and His provision for my family.
I'll be headed back down in a couple of weeks whenever they close on the new house to help them officially move and have my last official stay in the white house on Main Street.
I will not be sad- I will not feel sorry for us-- I will trust that God is in control and that He is also the God of new beginnings! Praise Him!


"But if any place refuses to welcome you or listen to you, shake its dust from your feet as you leave..." Mark 6:11

No comments:

Post a Comment